- An Actor we'll call Server needs to bootstrap itself. This takes some time.
- Meanwhile, an Actor we can call Client begins to send Request messages to the server
- ...but the server isn't ready yet.
- Server can discard messages any time it isn't available to respond (such as the bootstrap scenario)
- Requires clients to wait a certain amount of time for a timeout, then resend.Requires client to keep track of/queue messages
- Server can buffer messages when it is unable to respond, then handle them when ready